Thursday, November 29, 2007

enGAGED

I’m engaged. A definition of engaged is “having agreed to get married.” Yes, I have agreed. I have agreed with him that our relationship is dreamy for…oh about 8 years. I agreed with my friends from high school who said, “Damn, he’s cute.” I have agreed with his daughter who thinks he is the quintessential dad. I agreed with my heart that he was the one.

A definition of engaged is “busy doing something.” Yes, I am busy. I am busy calling venues hoping they send me a proposal that is less than a million dollars. I am busy doing research about a marriage license for a wedding in Jamaica. I am busy thinking who will be mad if I choose to get married in Jamaica. I am busy procrastinating on a guest list. I am busy wondering…who is this wedding for? I am busy now writing and thinking about how fortunate I am to be engaged. Busy in love and so happy I agreed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Congratulations on your engagement, and I'm happy you agreed. Lot's of luck with your wedding plans and try not to stress out.