Friday, November 30, 2007

bigBOI Clients

I wanted bigger clients. “Big Boi” clients I call them. Clients that help bring home the bacon. But bacon is all I get. Fatty and over processed. I think the higher you go on the client food chain; the more likely you will be eaten alive!

Big Boi clients value your skill. What you can do for them and how fast and inexpensively you can. Smaller clients value you because you are helping them fulfill a vision. A vision that we often share.

Someone once asked my why I didn’t start working for some big advertising agency right out of Cooper. And I said, “I didn’t want to get lost in the directory of names. I wanted my design to be recognized, honored and be my own.” I retract my statement. Now it goes, “I didn’t want to be a puppet. A bacon eating design puppet whose only drive is a fatty over processed paycheck.”

No comments: