Tuesday, December 18, 2007

toCREATE

I crave creation. An idea that is implemented and finalized. To create something is evidence of your skill. Proof that you are capable of fulfilling a vision.

Ideas swirl in my mind for my next creation, but I am lacking the motivation to fulfill the vision. Maybe I lack the skill too. Ideas of grander clouded by inability and laziness. I would love to create an oil painting, a unique collage, a stunning photograph, or another award winning business plan.

To create means to own the equipment which helps deliver your creation. I need equipment. I need a canvas, a pair of sharp scissors, a Nikon D40, a kick ass marketing plan and projects for the next 4 years.

To create is to have the time to develop an idea from mind to hand. I wish I didn't have to sleep. Sometimes my mind and hand need a rest, and all I can handle is a remote control.

To NOT create means to have excuses for delaying a creation. I have many excuses. How do I make up for them? Inspiration. Reading inspires new words. Museum visits invite creative thinking. Research evokes new methodology.

Now, how toINSPIRE?

No comments: